What's the Average Cost of a Dental Crown?
The average cost of a dental crown depends on your child's dentist, the type of crown, and your dental insurance coverage. Crowns can be made of porcelain or metal, or a combination of the two. Prices can go up based on the materials used. If there's a medical reason for your child's crown, dental insurance may pay some of the cost.
Read more to figure out what the average cost of a dental crown is.
Dental Crowns: Figuring out the Cost
A crown is a dental procedure that's used to:
- Restore a broken tooth
- Help save a tooth with an extremely large filling (not much tooth left)
- Cover discolored teeth
- Be a part of a dental implant
The cost of crowns can range without insurance. Depending on your dental insurance plan, some percentage of the cost may be covered.
You should talk to your dentist and your insurance company to figure out the exact cost. You may have cost limitations if your child's crowns are considered cosmetic (just to make teeth look better) or experience a cap on annual benefits.
Crowns for Kids
If your child has a large cavity that can't hold a filling, a stainless steel crown may be used instead. While an adult crown is normally made in a dental laboratory, a child's stainless steel crown is usually chosen from a supply at the dentist's office.
Why Kool Smiles?
Kool Smiles makes getting dental care for your children easy and affordable for you, and fun for your kids.
- We're open on Saturdays and have extended weekday hours.
- We take Medicaid at every single office and TRICARE.
- We love treating kids, and most of our waiting rooms have playgrounds.
- We accept CareCredit for help with financing dental procedures.
- We locate our offices in neighborhoods with the most dental needs. You shouldn't have to run all over town for your child's dental work.
Let Us Book Your Appointment Today
Whether your child needs a routine cleaning or exam, or you think a dental crown might be needed, Kool Smiles is here to help. We're happy to discuss costs and answer any questions you have. Call us today or find a Kool Smiles dentist near you.