What Is the Average Cost of Dental Bridges?
The average cost of dental bridges can vary depending on several factors, such as which type of bridge your child needs and which dentist does the procedure. Most times though, bridges can range from $500–$1,200 per artificial tooth.
Keep reading for affordable options to pay for the cost of dental bridges.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are a tested and safe way to correct the problem of missing teeth. Anyone who is missing one to three teeth in a row might need a dental bridge.
There are several different types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges are held up by two crowns on either side of the patients tooth gap.
- Cantilever bridges involve a single crown on the teeth beside the gap that will support the bridge.
- Maryland bonded bridges require a small amount of change on teeth in the surrounding area. The dental bridge will have two small wings connecting to the teeth beside it.
- Removable bridges usually cost less, but do not offer the same stability as the ones above. They work the same way as a regular bridge, but they can be removed.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
The benefits of bridges can be different for each person. However, most patients will notice several immediate results, such as:
- Improved ability to eat
- Fixed speech problems
- A full smile
- Better bite balance
How Long Do Dental Bridges Last?
A bridge can usually last 10–15 years if cared for correctly. It requires the same maintenance as regular teeth:
- Brush twice a day
- Floss at least once a day
- Use ADA-approved mouthwash
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Visit a dentist twice a year
- Avoid smoking
Get a Dental Bridge for Your Child's Teeth at Kool Smiles
For children with missing or damaged teeth that need a replacement, Kool Smiles can help. We are a network of trusted and compassionate dental care providers dedicated to providing educational and affordable dental services to children.
We do this by creating a kid-friendly atmosphere and giving step-by-step general dental and after care tips. We also accept many forms of payment, including Medicaid, TRICARE, most major insurance plans, cash, credit, and CareCredit.
Call us today and set up an appointment for your child at the Kool Smiles dentist office near you.
Medicine Net: http://www.medicinenet.com/bridges/article.htm