Average Cost of Dental Crown
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over your child's existing teeth to protect them from further damage. The average cost of this procedure can depend on a number of factors including your child's dentist, what the crown is made of, and what type of insurance you have.
The Average Cost of Kids’ Dental Crowns
There are many factors that can affect the cost of your child's dental crown, including the number of teeth that need treatment and what type of crown is chosen to cover the teeth. Here are the average costs you can expect per crown:
- Porcelain and metal crowns can cost an average of $1,100 without insurance, or $856 with insurance.
- Metal crowns can cost an average of $1,353 without insurance, or $882 with insurance.
- All-porcelain crowns can cost an average of $1,430 without insurance, or $973 with insurance.
Many dental insurance plans can help cover the cost of dental crowns if they're needed for medical reasons. However, you may have a harder time finding coverage if your child wants them for cosmetic reasons.
The Purpose of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns serve two purposes for your child: protection and confidence. Your child's dentist may recommend dental crowns if the teeth:
- Are very discolored and cannot be professionally whitened
- Are misshapen or smaller than average
- Are cracked or chipped
- Require added support or strength
- Are very decayed or damaged
- Have been worn down due to teeth grinding
- Are missing and need a replacement
- Are unable to chew food comfortably
Come to Kool Smiles for Kids' Dental Crowns
If you're concerned about the average cost of dental crowns for your child, come to Kool Smiles. Our general dentists are skilled in working with children, and they work to provide a fun experience for your child.
Our prices are affordable, and we work with a number of insurance plans, including major providers like TRICARE, SCHIP, and Medicaid without restricting the number of patients we see.
If your child is in need of dental care, give us a call today to learn more about our affordable services.
Dental Implant Cost Guide: http://www.dentalimplantcostguide.com/dental-crowns/#cost
Doc Shop: http://www.docshop.com/education/dental/general-dentistry/crowns