What Drives the Average Cost of Tooth Bridges?
The average cost of a tooth bridge can vary depending on several factors. Be prepared to spend between $700 to $1,500 per tooth depending on various circumstances. The amount of preparation the dentist has to do, and the extent of damage to teeth can influence the cost you'll have to pay for your child's dental bridge.
What Impacts the Cost of a Dental Bridge?
Many factors influence the price of a tooth bridge procedure, including:
1. The work needed on surrounding teeth to fit the bridge—Additional procedures might be required, such as fillings or root canals, in one or two of the teeth that touch the bridge on each side. These teeth will need to have some enamel removed so the crowns can fit over the teeth.
2. The type of materials used in the bridge—False teeth can be made from a variety of materials, including gold, alloys, porcelain, plastic, and other metals.
3. The type of insurance you carry—If you have dental insurance, you'll want to check your plan to see what is and is not covered when getting a tooth bridge. Depending on your coverage, you may have little or significant out-of-pocket costs for your child's bridge.
What Happens at the Dentist When Getting a Tooth Bridge?
Getting a tooth bridge usually requires more than one visit. The dentist will perform an exam and may take X-rays. Once he or she determines the type of bridge your child needs, a model of your child's mouth will be made, and a bridge will be made to specially fit your child.
During the next visit, the teeth on both sides of the bridge will be prepared to receive the crowns. The crowns will be fitted and fixed to your child's teeth, and the false tooth will be checked to see if everything is in place.
With proper oral care, your child's bridge can last 10–20 years.
What Happens If My Child Doesn't Get a Tooth Bridge?
If untreated, missing teeth can cause a variety of unpleasant problems, such as:
- Teeth shifting
- Speech impediments
- An increased risk for gum disease
- A greater chance of tooth decay
If your child has a missing a tooth, he or she may need a dental bridge. The best way to know is to take your child to the dentist. The dentist can help you determine the care that is needed, as well as the cost you can expect.
Get a Tooth Bridge at Kool Smiles
Kool Smiles is a kids' dentistry that provides high quality, low-cost care. If your child needs an exam or cleaning, or you think he or she might need a tooth bridge, give us a call today.
Your Dentistry Guide: http://www.yourdentistryguide.com/bridges/