Learn About the Average Cost of Braces for Your Child
The average cost of braces depends on the type of braces your child needs and how much treatment is needed. These factors can also affect the amount of coverage your insurance provides, and how much you may have to pay for braces out-of-pocket.
Keep reading to learn about the average cost of braces and how to pay for them.
What Is the Average Cost of Braces?
In general, the cost of your child's braces will depend on:
- Whether you have insurance or not
- The type of braces
- How long the treatment will take (based on your child’s dental needs)
While it can be difficult to estimate how long your child will need braces without a consultation, you can at least learn about the costs and types of braces your child may need:
- Traditional metal braces range from $3,000 to $7,000.
- Ceramic braces can range between $4,000 and $8,000.
- Lingual (Behind-the-teeth) braces tend to be the most costly, ranging between $8,000 to $10,000.
- Invisible braces (Invisalign) are $4,000 to $7,400.
Does Dental Insurance Cover the Cost of Braces?
Many dental insurance plans can help cover the cost of braces treatment if they are needed for medical reasons, such as:
- Teeth are crooked, crowded, or overlapping
- Jaw size is different from the top or bottom
- The child has difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
It's important to note that each state and insurance plan is different, so you must check with your insurance provider to see if braces are covered. If you are covered by Medicaid, you can contact your Medicaid office to determine if braces are covered for your children.
Schedule an Appointment with a Kool Smiles Orthodontist
Schedule a no-cost consultation with one of the skilled orthodontists at Kool Smiles, and we can give you an estimate for the cost of your child's braces.
Our 18-month braces treatment begins at $3,400, and with our wide selection of accepted insurance plans and payment options, we can help you afford your child's braces.
Come visit your nearest Kool Smiles clinic to see what services we have to offer, or call us to find a Kool Smiles orthodontist today!
Medicaid Office: http://www.medicaidoffice.net/