Average Cost of Dental Procedures With and Without Insurance
Finding out the average costs of common dental procedures is a must, especially if you don't have insurance. The good news is that even without insurance, there are ways to get affordable dental care for your family. Below is an overview of the average cost of common dental procedures with and without insurance.
At Kool Smiles, we can answer any questions about the cost of typical dental procedures, regardless of your insurance situation. Call us today to learn more!
- We accept many payment options, including cash, credit card or CareCredit.
- We also accept most insurance providers, Medicaid and Tricare for general dental care.
Six Common Procedures and How Much They Cost
Some common dental procedures include crowns, root canals, braces, teeth cleaning, wisdom tooth removal and cavity filling. Here are some average costs of these dental procedures with and without insurance, as reported by CostHelper.
Procedure 1: Teeth Cleaning
- Cost with insurance: Completely covered (up to twice a year)
- Cost without insurance: $127
Procedure 2: Cavity filling (composite)
- Cost with insurance: Typically covers 50%-80% of the cost
- Cost without insurance: $204
Procedure 3: Wisdom tooth removal (per tooth)
- Cost with insurance: $416
- Cost without insurance: $250-$750
Procedure 4: Braces (traditional)
- Cost with insurance: $3,407
- Cost without insurance: $4,937
Procedure 5: Root Canal
- With insurance: $608 (front tooth), $333 (back tooth)
- Without insurance: $1,156 (front tooth), $957 (back tooth)
Procedure 6: Dental crown (porcelain-fused-to-metal)
- With insurance: $618
- Without insurance: $1,093
Find the Care Your Child Needs at Kool Smiles
As you can see, the average costs of dental procedures can differ greatly depending on your insurance. Fortunately, Kool Smiles recognizes that all kids deserve quality dental care, and that's why we offer plenty of payment options.
Dental Care without Insurance
Kool Smiles accepts Medicaid and Tricare at every location as well as State Children's Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP). In fact, 80-90 percent of our patients are covered by state Medicaid programs or SCHIP. If you don't qualify for Medicaid, Tricare or SCHIP plans, you may still pay for services by cash, credit card or CareCredit.
If you have any questions about what you might expect to pay for your child's dental work, call Kool Smiles today. Kool Smiles will work with you so your child gets quality dental care at an affordable price!
CostHelper Teeth Cleaning: http://health.costhelper.com/teeth-cleaning.html
CostHelper Cavity Filling: http://health.costhelper.com/cavity-filling.html
CostHelper Wisdom Teeth Removal: http://health.costhelper.com/wisdom-teeth-removal.html
CostHelper Braces: http://health.costhelper.com/braces.html
CostHelper Root Canal: http://health.costhelper.com/root-canal.html
CostHelper Crown: http://health.costhelper.com/dental-crown.html