Finding the Right Dentist for Your Child's Dental Care
To make sure your child has a healthy mouth, it’s important to help your children create good habits early in life and lay the groundwork for a lifetime of good dental health.
Find the Right Dentist for Your Kids
Choosing your child’s dentist is equally as important as teaching them good dental habits.
At Kool Smiles, we work hard to provide excellent children’s dental care in a fun and friendly environment, and most of our locations even have a playground. We pride ourselves on providing a quality experience and great customer service to all our patients and their families from the first moment you walk in.
We accept most major major insurance plans, including Medicaid, State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP), and TRICARE.
Come experience Kool Smiles firsthand by calling us today to set-up an appointment at one of our offices near you.
How to Maintain Children's Dental Care
There’s more to good children’s dental care than visiting a dentist. Your children should be active in their dental health as well. As a parent, it may be a challenge to get your kids excited about their teeth, but Colgate created a list of their top seven tips to help you do just that.
- Make it a team effort. Your kids tend to do what you do, so take care of your teeth together. If you brush and floss, your child will be more likely to do the same.
- Try special tools. Instead of boring toothbrushes and floss, you can try a toothbrush with your child’s favorite cartoon character and floss in bright colors.
- Keep time. Make sure your child brushes for a full two minutes by putting him or her in charge of a timer. You can use a watch, a phone, or a sand timer from a board game to make it fun.
- Pick yummy flavors. Mix it up with your child’s favorite fruit-flavored toothpaste.
- Enjoy fun stories. Try fun, interactive books and videos that encourage healthy oral care habits.
- Give gold stars. Create a rewards chart decorated by you and your child to stick gold stars on every time they brush and floss their teeth.
- Give dentist rewards. Make going to the dentist fun by surprising your kids afterwards with a fun activity.
Call Kool Smiles Today
Kool Smiles provides quality children’s dental care and makes going to the dentist fun with in-office playgrounds, activities, and games. Experience Kool Smiles firsthand by calling us today to set-up an appointment for your child at one of our offices near you.
PBS Kids: http://pbskids.org/daniel/games/in-my-bathroom/
Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/dental-exam-for-children/basics/why-its-done/prc-20013782