Activities to Make Dental Health Fun for Preschoolers
Children generally don’t start brushing their own teeth until at least kindergarten, but good oral hygiene should be taught as early as preschool. Teaching kids healthy dental habits at a young age can help set them up for a lifetime of clean and healthy teeth.
Fun, hands-on activities are a great way for preschoolers to learn the importance of dental care. At Kool Smiles, we provide online activities to help your preschooler learn while having fun.
Dental Activities for Preschoolers
Kool Smiles has lots of fun dental activities for kids of all ages. Download these activities today—you’ll find a variety of activity options, including:
- Coloring—We have coloring sheets that help kids learn about different types of foods and how to reach the teeth in the back of their mouths.
- Word games—As your children learn to read, have them play our fun word searches, bingo, and MadLibs games.
- Fun with numbers—Having a dental visit calendar or sheet with ways to brush for two full minutes are just two of the numbers activities your kids can use to learn dental health.
- Brushing and flossing—Once your kids are ready to begin brushing and flossing on their own, use our activity sheets to show them how.
- Demonstrations—Use an apple to show your preschooler how a tooth can decay. Poke a hole in the apple about the size of a dime and pretend the hole is a cavity. Have your child watch how the apple changes over the next few days. This is just one of many fun demonstrations that will provide hands-on learning opportunities.
- Fact sheets—We have a number of fun fact sheets for you to review with your kids that will teach them cool things about wisdom teeth, fluoride and more.
Speak to a Kool Smiles Team Member Today
To help your preschoolers learn from dental professionals in person, bring them to your local Kool Smiles. All of our staff and friendly dentists are excited to teach your kids about dental care. Give us a call to find the Kool Smiles closest to you.