Dental Care Tips | Kool Smiles
It's important to treat your child's baby teeth with as much concern as his or her adult teeth. The negative effects of overlooked baby teeth can follow your child well into adulthood.
Paying attention to a few dental care tips early on is the best tool available in the fight for your child's healthy smile.
Learn the Truth About Dental Care
More than 25% of children are affected by tooth decay before the age of six. When your child's teeth are left untreated and tooth decay takes over, it can:
- Cause your child discomfort and pain
- Make chewing hard for your child
- Make smiling and talking embarrassing
- Affect your child's adult teeth
Dental Care Tips for Healthy Teeth
Maintaining your child's oral health is as easy as teaching and practicing a few simple dental care tips:
- As soon your child's first tooth appears, start cleaning it after each meal with a damp washcloth.
- Coach your child to brush two times a day.
- Avoid giving your child sugary foods and drinks.
- By the age of one, begin taking your child to the dentist for regular checkups.
Kool Smiles Makes Dental Health Fun
Kool Smiles believes in the importance of preventative care and knowledge. While we are here to fix existing dental problems, we hope to get your child started on a dental care program before any additional problems occur.
We work with parents to ensure that their children really learn and understand the most important dental care tips. Some of the preventive care topics Kool Smiles may cover with parents are:
- How to set a good example to help their kids learn how to brush their own teeth
- Games to make brushing teeth fun
- How to take care of your child's teeth before they come in for a visit
Kool Smiles will also explain dental care tips, procedures, and treatments to your child by using a "tell, show, do" teaching model.
Schedule an Appointment at Kool Smiles Today
You and your child's dental questions are important to us. Call us today to schedule an appointment, and let us help your child improve his or her oral health with our dental care tips.
Health Finder: http://healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/parenting/doctor-visits/take-care-of-your-childs-teeth#take-action_1