What Does a Dental Crown Cost?
Tooth decay is the number one preventive disease affecting children today, and as a result, many kids will need advanced dental procedures such as dental crowns.
If you're a parent worried about how much a dental crown will cost, don't worry. We'll discuss the costs and what factors influence how much you pay for a crown so that your kids get the best treatment at an affordable price.
Dental Crown Costs
The cost of dental crowns depends on where you live and what material your child's crown is made of. Here are some costs of different dental crowns:
- Metal crowns, such as gold crowns, can cost around $830-$2,465 per tooth for kids not covered by insurance, or $519-$1,140 with insurance.
- Porcelain crowns require more skill and can cost around $860-$3,000 without insurance, or $530-$1,875 with insurance.
- Porcelain fused to metal crowns can cost around $875-$1,400 without insurance, or $282-$1,000 with insurance.
Why Should I Get a Dental Crown?
There are several reasons your children might need dental crowns, even if they still have their baby teeth:
- To save a tooth that has been so damaged by decay that it can't support a filling>
- To protect the teeth of a child at high risk for tooth decay, especially when a child has difficulty keeping up with daily oral hygiene
- To cover and protect a dental implant
- To cover a dental bridge
- For cosmetic reasons
When your child visits the dentist office, the dentist will be able to examine his or her teeth to determine if a dental crown is needed.
Come to Kool Smiles for a Low-Cost Dental Crown
When a crown is necessary, Kool Smiles is the perfect place to take your child. We are one of the few dental providers nationwide who accept Medicaid, TRICARE, and State Children's Insurance Program (SCHIP) without limiting the number of patients we see. We also accept most major insurance plans.
To find out why Kool Smiles is the best dentistry for your kids when they need a dental crown, make an appointment online or call us today.