Celebrate Dental Hygiene Month With These Fun Activities
Dental Hygiene Month is our time to express the importance of oral health to our children. Why not make such an important life lesson fun?
There are many resources committed to teaching the importance of oral hygiene at home and in classrooms. Keep reading to learn different Dental Hygiene Month activities.
Focus on Three Core Dental Hygiene Lessons
There are many things to learn about our teeth and mouths, but there are three core lessons that seem to make all the difference in a child's dental health future:
- Help and encourage students to understand, consider, and have a sense of responsibility for the health of their teeth.
- Give information on good dental health habits that are age-appropriate.
- Reinforce positive dentist interactions and encourage kids to really listen to the instructions given by dental care professionals.
Make Dental Health Fun and Kool
Download the Kool Smiles Dental Health Month Activity Booklet and other fun worksheets to teach your kids about oral health.
Kool Smiles understands the importance and influence education can have over the future of all children. That’s why we have provided dental health lesson plans to teachers across the U.S.
Kool Smiles offers a variety of oral hygiene activity ideas and activity sheets to help parents and teachers guide and teach kids to form healthy dental habits.
These activities include a wide range of topics, including:
- Acing a dental check up
- How fluoride fights cavities
- How to properly brush and floss
- How often and why to visit the dentist
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Losing baby teeth
- Crowns and fillings
- Wisdom teeth
For teachers, we have free lesson plans available for download.
Call Kool Smiles Today
Our mission is to give parents and teachers all the resources necessary to teach children how to take care of their teeth—during Dental Hygiene Month, and the whole year through.
Call us today to schedule an appointment for your child. We'll make sure your kids and students have access to a bright dental health future.
Mouth Healthy Kids: http://www.mouthhealthykids.org/en/educators/smile-smarts-dental-health-curriculum/