Find a Dentist for Your Toddler
Kool Smiles offers affordable, high-quality dental care designed with toddlers and children in mind. Call us to schedule an appointment today.
Our dentists and staff are experienced in working with kids and help them enjoy a stress-free visit. We have over 120 locations in the U.S. and we accept Medicaid, TRICARE, SCHIP, and most major insurance plans at all locations.
What to Look for in a Dentist for Toddlers
You might be a little nervous about bringing your toddler to the dentist, especially for the first time. The good news is, there are dentists who are experienced in kids' dental care.
These dentists know how to put kids at ease and make them comfortable during a dental exam.
When searching for a dentist for your toddler, you should look for a dental professional who is:
- Knowledgeable about toddlers' dental health, growth and development
- Gentle and patient with your child, even if your child doesn't cooperate
- Willing to give detailed advice about how to care for your child's mouth and to show you how to do it
At Kool Smiles, our team of dental professionals focuses on kids' dental care, so we know how to work with your toddler.
Our offices and procedures are designed with kids in mind and include games, toys and other activities. Most offices even include playgrounds.
Your toddler will look forward to visiting the dentist and you will, as well.
Steps to Take Before Visiting the Dentist
Here are five steps you can take to ensure your toddler's first visit to the dentist is enjoyable and effective.
- Talk to your child before the visit about what to expect. Make sure your explanation sounds fun and interesting. Build excitement about dental health the benefits that come from taking good care of his or her teeth.
- Practice brushing teeth with your toddler so he or she gets used to a toothbrush.
- Introduce the dentist to your toddler before the exam so he or she gets familiar with them.
- Bring a blanket or favorite toy to let your toddler know that the dentist's office is a safe and comfortable place.
- Accompany your toddler to the exam room.
Call Kool Smiles Today
You can find a great dentist for your toddler at your local Kool Smiles office. We're always accepting new patients, and we have multiple payment options to make your toddler's dental care affordable.
Call us today to make an appointment.
Your Child's Age 1 Dental Visit: http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/life-stages/childrens-oral-care/article/your-childs-first-dental-visit
When Should My Child First See a Dentist? http://www.knowyourteeth.com/infobites/abc/article/?abc=c&iid=296&aid=1186
First Trip to the Dentist: http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/health/teething/child-first-trip-to-dentist/