Dentist Tooth Extraction Cost
Before you see your dentist for a tooth extraction, it is helpful to know how much it will likely cost. The average cost of a tooth extraction ranges from around $50 to $350.
Like most dental procedures, however, the cost of getting a tooth pulled can vary depending on your location, your dentist, and whether or not you have insurance.
A Closer Look at Tooth Removal Costs
According to a recent estimate, the cost of a tooth extraction can be broken down as:
- $102—$206 for a simple tooth extraction. This is a routine extraction involving no special treatment.
- $179—$353 for a surgical extraction. This type of procedure is necessary to remove a tooth that requires a little more work. Sometimes the bone surrounding the tooth needs to be trimmed away or the tooth must be cut and removed in sections.
- $51—$94 for the extraction of a baby tooth. While baby teeth eventually fall out on their own, one that needs to be removed before it’s ready to come out naturally will require a little bit of work to remove.
Factors Affecting Treatment Costs
There are several things that can affect the cost of a tooth extraction, including:
Your location—Costs will often be higher in large cities when compared to more rural areas.
- Insurance—The out-of-pocket cost can vary greatly based on how much of the procedure will be covered by insurance.
- What’s Included—Whether or not the extraction cost includes anesthetic (numbing medicine) and any required stitches will affect the total cost of the procedure.
Schedule a Tooth Extraction at Kool Smiles
If you think your child may need a tooth extraction, visit your nearest Kool Smiles office as soon as possible. Our staff of dental professionals have experience working with small children, and all of our kid-friendly offices accept most major insurance providers, including Medicaid, state-sponsored insurance, and CareCredit.
Animated Teeth: http://www.animated-teeth.com/tooth_extractions/t8_extraction_costs.htm