Finding a Dentist That Accepts Medicaid is Something to Smile About
Children from limited-income families are twice as likely to have untreated tooth decay, perhaps, in part, because two-thirds of dentists don’t accept Medicaid. At Kool Smiles, we believe that every child deserves quality dental care, and we’ve partnered with dentists across the U.S. who accept Medicaid.
What Dental Care Does Medicaid Cover?
Medicaid is a joint program between federal and state governments. Coverage varies from state-to-state, but every state’s coverage must fall within the range set by the federal government. Depending on where you live, some treatments will carry no cost, while others will require a small co-pay.
Kool Smiles Kids Club has partner dentists who work with Medicaid to provide a full range of dental care for all children, regardless of family income, including:
- Maintenance care. Routine procedures, including cleaning and checkups, to keep your child’s mouth in tip-top shape.
- Pain and infection management. If your child has a toothache, it’s essential they see a dentist as soon as possible. A toothache can be a sign of an underlying issue that demands timely treatment, like an infection.
- Restoration care. Your child may need a crown or cavity filling to prevent the spread of tooth decay. These procedures are not uncommon in children.
Why Children Need to Visit the Dentist
From that first baby tooth to the last adult tooth, children need routine dental care. The American Dental Association (ADA) suggests children visit a dentist within six months of their first baby tooth appearing (or around the age of one). Beyond that, the ADA recommends that children see a dentist for routine checkups every six months, so the dentist can:
- Check for tooth decay or disease.
- Carry out preventive fluoride cleanings.
- Restore teeth (with crowns or fillings) to prevent tooth decay from getting worse.
- Teach children and parents about healthy habits.
Whether your child needs a routine exam or emergency dental treatment, rest assured that a Kool Smiles partner in your area will work with Medicaid to make it happen.
Find a Kool Smiles Kids Club Partner Dentist who Accepts Medicaid
Kool Smiles has partner dentists who:
- Accept Medicaid.
- Don’t limit the number of Medicaid patients they’ll see per day.
- Accept other plans, including TRICARE, CHIP (formerly SCHIP), and more.
- Offer affordable payment plans for families who don’t have insurance coverage.
- Accept cash and credit.
More on Medicaid:
- Medicaid typically covers patients under the age of 21.
- To apply, visit the https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/SmEPCW6lADUl3vKt12dwA website.
How Kool Smiles’ Partners Provide Better Dental Care
At Kool Smiles, we understand that going to the dentist can be scary for a child. Our partners go the extra mile to keep kids happy, by:
- Creating a fun environment. You won’t find a drab waiting room at our partner clinics! Our partners are equipped with plenty of entertaining games and books.
- Training staff to work specifically with children. Our kid-friendly partner dentists understand that children often require a little extra reassurance. From the moment your child walks in the door of one of our partner clinics, specially-trained staff will make them feel like a VIP.
- Providing viewing rooms. Your child may need encouragement from their number one fan (you!) – our partners will make sure you’re never too far away.
- Working on weekends. Kool Smiles has partners who are open on weekends, making it’s easier to fit dental care into your busy schedule.
Planning a Child’s Dentist Visit With Medicaid
When you schedule your appointment at a Kool Smiles partner clinic, a knowledgeable staff member can let you know what is and isn’t covered by Medicaid. If you don’t have Medicaid or you’re seeking services that aren’t included in your Medicaid coverage, they’ll work with you to find another budget-friendly option, which may include TRICARE, CHIP, or an affordable payment plan.
Why Choose a Kool Smiles Partner?
Kool Smiles partners provide top-quality care. We have partners who offer orthodontic, endodontic, and pediatric services, so regardless of what type of care you’re seeking for your child, we’ve got you covered.
Oral healthcare isn’t limited to the dentist’s chair. Kool Smiles Kids Club’s partners know that healthy teeth start at home. They’ll take the time to teach your child good oral hygiene habits, including:
- Proper brushing and flossing. Children should brush at least twice a day (or after every meal) and floss once. Frequency isn’t the only thing that matters, though! Our kid-friendly partners will take the time to explain proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride toothpaste promotes healthy enamel and prevents tooth decay. It can upset the stomach if swallowed, so keep an eye on your child until they’re confident about brushing.
- Limiting sugary foods and drinks. Kids (and kids at heart) love sugary treats, but sugar can damage the teeth. A dentist can help you understand how your child can keep a healthy smile by indulging in moderation.
Besides encouraging healthy habits at home, a Kool Smiles partner dentist will help your child feel at ease, so they’re less likely to fuss about going back to the dentist for routine checkups. A happy patient makes a happy dentist!
Affordable Dental Care from a Dentist that Accepts Medicaid
Tooth decay is the most common disease among children. At Kool Smiles, we believe that finances should never be a barrier to accessing quality dental care. Young patients need more support to develop healthy habits, and our partner dentists aim to make sure every child has access to the care they need.