How to Determine the Cost of Braces With Insurance
If you have insurance and your child needs braces, you might be wondering how much this treatment costs.
The cost of braces can vary depending on a number of factors, such as type of braces and how long they are needed for. Additionally, insurance plans can also provide different amounts of coverage.
Keep reading to learn how much braces should cost with insurance.
How Much Should Braces Cost with Insurance?
Customers with insurance have reported paying anywhere from $1,500 to $8,500 for braces with an average out-of-pocket cost of $3,407.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Braces
There's a wide pricing range for braces. This is due to the following factors:
- Type of braces—Ceramic braces and other alternatives usually cost more than traditional metal braces.
- Condition of the teeth—How many teeth need to be straightened? How much straightening do they need? These are both things that can factor into the cost.
- Experience of Orthodontist—Experienced orthodontists might charge more than a general dentist or a dental student.
- Additional costs—Charges for a retainer, periodic adjustments, or repairs can affect the overall cost of braces.
- Age of patient—The cost of braces for children is often less than that of adults.
- Payment plans—Orthodontists may offer payment plans with monthly financing or discount programs to help lower the cost of braces.
How Does Dental Insurance Affect the Cost of Braces?
Some insurance plans might cover a large percentage of the cost of braces while others may cover only up to a certain cost or only cover braces after a deductible is reached.
Some dental insurance covers basic services like cleanings and x-rays, but not special services such as braces. If you don't have dental insurance but know that your child will need braces, there's plenty you should know about dental insurance for braces.
If you have questions about what your dental insurance covers, read over your insurance policy or call your insurance provider.
Schedule a Braces Consultation at Kool Smiles Today
At Kool Smiles, we provide no-cost, braces consultations and can let you know if your child needs braces, and approximately how much they'll cost.
Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists today.
Cost Helper: http://health.costhelper.com/braces.html
Insurance Company: http://www.insurancecompany.com/dental-insurance-articles/dental-insurance-for-braces.html