What Does A MetLife Dental Insurance Plan Cover?
MetLife dental insurance plans can give your children access to a wide variety of dental providers. These plans can provide your children with high-quality dental care, in or out of your dental network.
MetLife Dental Plans: DHMO vs. DPPO
With dental insurance, you can choose which type of plan you enroll in. There are two MetLife plan options you may be able to choose from: a DHMO or a DPPO.
A DHMO, or Dental Health Maintenance Organization, offers security in your child's dental coverage and benefits:
- You may bring your child to a dentist that's within the network of approved providers.
- You may need a referral for your child to visit a specialist, even if the specialist is in the network.
- If you take a child to see a dentist or specialist outside the approved network, you may not receive coverage for your child's treatment or services.
- You are responsible for the copay at the time of your child's treatment.
A DPPO, or Dental Preferred Provider Organization, offers freedom when you take your child in for dental services:
- Your child may receive the same benefits whether you take them to a dentist in or out of the network of approved providers.
- You won't need a referral for your child to see a specialist.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses will be higher if your child sees a dentist or specialist outside the network.
- Your children will have access to the largest approved network of dentists and specialist across the United States.
Dental Insurance Plans Accepted at Kool Smiles
No matter what type of plan your family is enrolled in, you can feel secure when your child is in need of basic or major dental services. That's because Kool Smiles accepts MetLife dental plans so that your children get the high-quality dental care they need.
Schedule an Appointment at Kool Smiles Today
Make an appointment for your children to see one of our MetLife general dentists today by giving us a call or visiting our website.