TRICARE is government insurance for active and retired military families and reservists. The dental benefits are served through a Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) administered by MetLife.
Kool Smiles is part of the PDP as a TRICARE prime dental provider. We proudly accept TRICARE insurance at all of our locations.
Many dentists shy away from government insurance programs, but that’s not the case at Kool Smiles. We believe all children deserve access to excellent dental care. All of our locations take TRICARE and Medicaid, without limiting the amount of patients we see with those plans.
Have other questions about TRICARE? Here are some frequently asked questions about TRICARE dental programs for kids.
Q. How do I find a children’s dentist who takes TRICARE?
A. If you live near one of the 120+ Kool Smiles locations, you’ve already found one! If not, you can search for a TRICARE prime dental provider.
Q. How much does TRICARE cost?
A. That depends on what plan you use and your current pay grade. Plans include active duty personnel, reservists, and retirees. You can see monthly premium information here.
TRICARE dental plans are voluntary. There are monthly premiums and also a fee for services. For example, the insurance covers 80% of the cost of a filling, and you pay the other 20%.
Q. Does TRICARE cover my kids’ regular dental exams?
A. Yes. Not only do they cover dental exams, but they cover all preventative and diagnostic visits. You pay nothing out of pocket for these visits.
Q. Does TRICARE pay for children’s braces?
A. TRICARE will cover braces for children in the CONUS service area, up until a certain age. You will have a fee for service of around 50%. Benefits can change, so check your plan for any restrictions.
Q. Do my kids have to go to a dentist on base?
A. Your TRICARE representative or commanding officer will be able to answer this question.
Kool Smiles is always accepting new patients, and we always accept TRICARE.
Take advantage of free routine visits from a TRICARE prime dental provider. These visits keep smaller problems from turning into big health issues. Kool Smiles has extended office hours and Saturday appointments to make sure you can bring your child to see a dentist.
Make an appointment online or give us a call today.
Tricare: Find a Dentist: http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Dental/FindDentist.aspx
Tricare: Dental Plan: http://www.tricare.mil/Costs/DentalCosts/TDP/Premiums.aspx
If you're looking for an affordable orthodontist near you, Kool Smiles is here to help. Many children need braces by the time they are teenagers. Parents often worry over the cost…Read Full Article
Does dental insurance cover wisdom teeth? Each family's dental insurance plan is unique, so the answer depends on a few factors, including your insurance provider, your dentist, and where you're located.…Read Full Article
Although the cost of braces can vary, the average price of traditional metal braces for teeth in the U.S. ranges between $3,000 and $7,000. This price can rise if your child…Read Full Article
With or without insurance, the cost of a root canal can vary depending on your specific insurance plan and dentist. If your child is in need of a root canal, you can…Read Full Article
Behind teeth braces, also known as lingual braces, are braces that fit behind the teeth rather than in front. The perk of lingual braces is that they are not easily seen. However,…Read Full Article
If you are wondering what is causing your child's bleeding gums, take him or her to the dentist immediately for a dental exam. The most common cause of bleeding gums is…Read Full Article
If your child has swollen gums, you want to find out the cause as quickly as possible. Swollen gums can be a sign of a serious dental problem like gum…Read Full Article
Children deserve a special dental office—one that can provide high quality service in a fun and relaxed environment. Kool Smiles is a nationwide network of dental offices that treats children. All…Read Full Article
Tooth enamel protects your teeth from chewing, biting, crunching, and grinding. Although enamel is a hard protector of teeth, it can chip and crack. While enamel damage can be prevented,…Read Full Article
If you notice that your child has bleeding gums when they brush or floss, this could be a sign that they have gum disease (gingivitis). Gingivitis causes irritation, redness and swelling of your gums. However,…Read Full Article
If you are searching for a nearby dentist for your child, there is likely a Kool Smiles in your neighborhood. Simply put in your city and state or zip code,…Read Full Article