Choose your LocationEdit
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Kool Smiles?
- Kool Smiles was founded in 2002 and was built on the belief that every child has the right to quality dental care in a clean, safe and fun environment. Our first goal is to provide quality in a compliant manner. Our services are not just for kids, and since we know children are more likely to have great dental habits if mom and dad do too, we happily care for the entire family.
What Services do you provide?
- Kool Smiles provides diagnostic imaging, preventive care, restorative care, surgical care, space maintenance along with endodontic care, oral surgery and orthodontics in some offices. All care is supported by our electronic health record system. We currently do not offer cosmetic care.
What types of insurance do you accept?
- Kool Smiles accepts most types of insurance, including Medicaid and State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP). In addition, we proudly accept military insurance, Tricare. We can care for patients with cash, credit, and CareCredit payments and accept other insurance dental plans including Cigna, Aetna, Delta Dental Insurance, Guardian, United Healthcare, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
What is Medicaid and how can I find a general dentist who accepts Medicaid?
- Medicaid is a government program that provides access to healthcare for millions of Americans who would otherwise be uninsured. Medicaid also provides for dental coverage at varying levels for children and adults. Each state regulates its own Medicaid program in conjunction with the federal government. Unfortunately not many general dentists take Medicaid as a payment option or restrict the number of patients they will see. This limits the choices an individual has to see an approved Medicaid dentist. Kool Smiles is unlike most general dentists and welcomes all patients, including those with Medicaid coverage.
What makes Kool Smiles different from other general dentists who see kids?
- Our offices have been built with families in mind and feature spacious waiting rooms with a play area for children and most offices feature semi-private treatment areas for adults. We have a fun décor, staff who has been trained to help our young patients, and a desire to make sure all patients receive the quality dental care they deserve.