What Is the Average Cost of a Pediatric Dental Visit?
According to dentalinsurance.org, the average cost of a pediatric dental visit for a general cleaning without dental insurance is $61.14, and the average cost for a fluoride application is $31.70. But these prices shouldn't stop you from getting dental care for your child—you can find an affordable dentist near you so your kids can get the care they need.
The Answer to Pediatric Dental Costs
Kool Smiles is a network of family and pediatric dentists that focuses on providing affordable dental care for infants, toddlers, children and teens. We accept many forms of payment in an effort to offset the average cost of a visit to the dentist. We do this by:
- Accepting Medicaid and TRICARE at all locations, without limitations
- Accepting most major insurance plans, including all military insurance
- Allowing uninsured customers to pay with cash, credit card or CareCredit
Though what is covered by medicaid will vary depending on what state you live in, all medicaid plans will cover cleanings, tooth repair and relief from pain and infections for your child. See if you qualify for medicaid by visiting medicaid.gov.
Kool Smiles Pediatric and General Dentists
Kool Smiles employs general and pediatric dentists, as well as some other specialists at our 120+ locations. While our pediatric dentists have completed an additional two years of specialized training to learn how to work with young children, all of our dentists are skilled and experienced in providing quality, affordable dental care to youngsters. The services we are happy to offer include:
- Oral health exams
- Preventive care
- Habit counseling (teaching parents and kids about oral risks like thumb sucking)
- Corrections of early dental problems like teeth straightening and overbites
- Treatment for oral injuries
What Happens During a Pediatric Dental Visit?
Kool Smiles doctors are specially trained to work with children and have a lot of experience. During your pediatric dental visit, they will make your child feel safe and at ease. Here's what you can expect during a typical visit:
- Before any treatment is given, the dentist will explain exactly what will happen to the patient and family.
- If necessary, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) can be given to relieve anxiety, and local anesthesia can be used to ease pain.
- After completion of treatment, the dentist will consult with the patient's family to report how the treatment went, give a after-care instructions, issue prescriptions, and answer any questions.
If you’re looking for quality dental care for your child at an affordable price, give Kool Smiles a call to make an appointment for your child today!