What Impacts the Average Dental Insurance Cost?
Dental insurance plans can vary widely in terms of coverage and cost, and you likely will have plenty of questions during your decision-making process. What is the average cost of dental insurance? What does good dental insurance include?
We can help you understand the costs and benefits of dental insurance to help make your decision a little easier.
What Is the Average Cost of Dental Insurance?
If you pay for your own dental insurance, you can expect to pay $14–$50 per person, per month. You also might be able to pay an annual amount of $75–$100 per person.
With this in mind, know that the average cost varies widely due to a number of factors:
- Overall dental health
- The type of dental coverage
- Type of dental insurance provider (private vs. public)
What Does Dental Insurance Cover?
When you are looking for dental insurance, cost shouldn't be the only thing you look at. The major difference between insurance plans are what they cover and how much they cover.
Every dental insurance plan is different, and each dental plan offers different coverage. This fact makes it difficult to determine an average cost of a dental procedure across the board.
However, most dental plans offer some common coverage on routine procedures, including:
- Routine teeth cleanings (usually once or twice per year)
- Panoramic X-rays
- Bite wing X-rays
- Dental exams
What to Look for When Choosing a Dental Insurance Provider
There are many things to consider when choosing a dental insurance provider other than the average cost. Some things to consider before making your decision include:
- Your dental network. Does your child's dentist fall into one provider's network, but not another?
- Your payment obligations. These differ widely between providers, so be sure to understand completely what you are financially responsible for with each insurance plan.
- Preventative services. A little preventative dental maintenance goes a long way, so look for a provider that covers preventative services like cleanings and exams.
Find a Kids' Dentist that Accepts Your Insurance
At Kool Smiles, we believe that every child should have access to quality dental care. That's why we are proud to accept most major dental insurance plans and government plans to help your child get quality care. We happily accept:
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- State-specific dental plans
If you have questions about your child's dental insurance coverage or would like to make an appointment, visit the Kool Smiles website or call us for an appointment today.
Delta Dental Co: http://www.deltadentalco.com/5things.aspx