Top 6 Factors that Impact the Cost of a Tooth Filling Replacement
If your child has a cavity or damaged tooth, a dentist will typically use a cavity filling to solve the problem. A filling restores a damaged tooth back to its normal function and shape. Since tooth fillings only last between five and 15 years, most dental fillings will need to be replaced.
Keep reading to learn about the cost of a tooth filling replacement, or call the experts at Kool Smiles today to learn about our affordable replacement solutions and financing options.
What Impacts the Cost of a Tooth Filling Replacement?
These six factors will determine the price of your child's replacement filling. However, each child's teeth are different, so it's best to speak to a dentist for an estimate.
- Placement of the filling. A hard-to-reach tooth or chipped molar could need more equipment and time to complete the filling.
- How much chewing the tooth needs to do. Stronger, more expensive materials are needed for kids who grind their teeth or chew harder foods.
- Length and number of visits needed to refill the tooth. If there is an infection in the tooth, extra visits to the dentist could cost more money.
- Your child’s dentist. Different dentists have different rates and accept various insurance providers and payment options.
- Where you live. Rates differ between cities, states, and regions, so visit your local dentist to determine the price of a filling.
- Types of replacement fillings. This should be the biggest consideration for the cost of a tooth filling replacement. Do you want a stronger material, better looking material, or a less costly option for your child?
Replacement Fillings and Costs
Below are a variety of replacement fillings and their estimated costs.
This is a mixed filling made up of silver, tin, zinc, copper, and mercury. An amalgam lasts about 10 years and is the least expensive dental replacement filling.
The average cost for amalgam fillings is between $110 to $200 per filling.
This filling is made of plastic and glass, and usually lasts up to five years. It is more expensive than an amalgam, but it will match the color of your child's teeth.
Treatment can be completed in one visit to the dentist. Composite fillings range from $135 to $240 per filling.
This is a popular and durable filling that lasts up to 15 years. Gold fillings can cost as much as 10 times more than an amalgam.
Kool Smiles makes tooth replacement more affordable than you may think. We accept a variety of payment options, including Medicaid, TRICARE, debit cards, and cash.
How to Prevent Additional Filling Replacements
Since fillings typically need to be replaced, it’s important to take precautions to avoid constant visits to the dentist.
Schedule a Tooth Filling Replacement at Kool Smiles
Kool Smiles is a network of dentists focused on children’s dental needs. We have offices across the U.S., and we're always accepting new patients.
Call us today to schedule an appointment and determine the cost of your child’s tooth filling replacement.
American Dental Association: http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Publications/Files/patient_52.ashx
Consumer Guide to Dentistry’s fillings cost review: http://www.yourdentistryguide.com/fillings/