How Much Do Ceramic Braces Cost?
If your child feels self-conscious about getting braces, ceramic braces may be a sensible option. It’s worth noting that ceramic braces are typically more costly than traditional metal braces, and have an average cost of $4,000 to $8,000. In comparison, traditional braces usually run between $3,000 and $7,000.
Here are five things you need to know if you’re considering ceramic braces for your child:
5 Facts About the Cost of Ceramic Braces
- It costs manufacturers more to make ceramic braces. The materials used in ceramic braces are more costly than the stainless steel used to make traditional metal braces.
- Ceramic braces are less obtrusive. Some kids – especially teens and tweens – may feel self-conscious about speaking and smiling while wearing metal braces. Ceramic braces are much less noticeable.
- The extra costs aren’t all paid upfront. Correction with ceramic braces typically requires more trips to the orthodontist for maintenance and adjustments. Each visit carries its own cost. Ceramic braces aren’t as durable as metal braces, so consider the potential costs associated with repairs before you commit.
- Like metal braces, the cost of ceramic braces varies. The cost depends on the condition of the teeth, the degree of correction required, the patient’s age, the estimated treatment time, and more.
- Ceramic braces aren’t the most expensive type of braces. Lingual braces, which are placed behind the teeth, are significantly more expensive than ceramic braces. The average cost of invisible aligners is comparable to the cost of ceramic braces.
Schedule a Braces Appointment With a Kool Smiles Partner Dentist Today
If you have more questions about ceramic braces or if you’d like a precise quote, schedule an appointment with a Kool Smiles Kids Club partner dentist. A dentist can carry out a thorough assessment of your child’s oral health and corrective needs and will work with you to determine which type of braces is best suited for your child.