Teeth Activities for Kids
Of course you should set a good example for your kids when it comes to brushing and flossing their teeth, but sometimes showing is not enough. Kids learn best from hands-on activities.
At Kool Smiles, we have a variety of fun activities you can do with your kids that teach them about their teeth.
Use Playing to Teach Kids About Teeth
For your kids, the importance of taking care of their teeth may be hard to understand. It's hard to convince your kids to brush and floss their teeth twice a day, especially when they are more interested in playing.
Fortunately, there are lots of kid-friendly activities you can do with your kids to get them interested in their teeth. Playing is how children learn, so spending time with your kids in a way that feels like play will help drive home the important lessons of caring for their teeth.
Teeth Activities for Kids in the Kitchen
- You can use eggs to teach kids how acidic drinks can destroy their teeth. You can also use eggs to demonstrate how certain drinks can stain their teeth.
- Pulling a piece of string between your teeth? Doesn't sound like much fun or very important, especially to a child who has more important games to play. You can use yarn pulled through your peanut buttery fingers to demonstrate how floss works.
- An apple can help explain cavities to young kids. As adults, we know that apples begin to turn brown when they are left uncovered. You can use this very visual lesson to teach your kids about how cavities are formed and grow.
Additional Teeth Activities for Kids
You can find these, and many more activities, that teach kids about teeth at:
- 4 Fun Dental Activities for Kids
- Activities for Teaching Children Oral Hygiene
- Oral Hygiene Activities for Special Needs Children
- Pinterest: Dental Health Activities
- Kool Smiles
Reinforce these lessons with a visit to a Kool Smiles dentist where we specialize in kid-friendly dental care. Find your local Kool Smiles dentist, or call us today to make an appointment for your child!