Brushing Teeth Lesson Plans for Kindergarten
Starting Your Kindergartener Off Right with Good Brushing Habits
Helping kids learn the importance of keeping good dental health is a vital step in lifelong health. By providing both the tools and the right instructions, you can help them keep the “cavity creeps” away and have good oral hygiene.
We’ve made a strategy to help you prepare your Kindergartener with their brushing lessons below.
Focus on the Smiles
To keep your Kindergartener focused, here’s four specific topics:
- How toothpaste works
- How long to brush each time
- What plaque does and how it can lead to cavities
- The benefits of brushing (and flossing)
Here’s some helpful lessons from Kid’s Soup to help guide you.
What’s the Best Way to Teach Brushing Habits?
From games to songs, there’s several ways to make brushing, and learning about brushing, fun for your kindergartener. We know teaching can be hard, so here’s a few ways that you can double-up on learning:
- Put up pictures of their dental tools (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, etc.) on the wall with the names below to work on dental health and reading at the same time
- Find pictures of animals and have your child count the teeth of each one to help with dental health and counting/math at the same time
- Use popsicle sticks to craft a toothbrush and practice brushing on a picture